Our client is a dynamic mid-sized media company and is currently seeking a Facilities Manager to coordinate building, mail, vendor and maintenance needs for their facilities in New York, NY. This is a contract position with a potential to go permanent, a great way to get your foot in the door with one of the best companies we work with.
- Oversees the mailroom staff and ensuring the efficient processing of all mail, packages, deliveries (both outgoing and incoming). Arranges for mail pick-up from the post office. Arranges for courier mail pick-up.
- Handles special deliveries.
- Manages staff and arranges for staff work schedules and coverage.
- Handles the acquisition and maintenance of all facilities functions including but not limited to: equipment, furniture, telephone, security, HVAC, cleaning services, cable hook-ups, and any other area relating to the functioning of the office space.
- Develops and maintains all vendor relations to insure prompt and quality service.
- Issues and tracks office security entrance cards.
- Insures that the office facility is neat, clean and well maintained.
- Maintains lists, service contracts, schedules and reports of equipment, procedures, and security cards etc. electronically.
- Works with all contractors for any construction projects previously approved and works within budget to deliver completed work within budget and within a reasonable time period. Secures competitive quotes as needed.
- Is the liaison with the building staff. Works with the building management and staff to insure plant maintenance, safety and security.
- Works closely with IT on any shutdowns required by the building or for maintenance.
- Handles all day-to-day requests from staff for services, equipment, moves, etc.
- Communicates with staff regarding any office-wide issues, changes or announcements affecting the staff.
- Maintains records and arranges for deposits and retrievals of all off-site furniture and documents.
- Arranges for the payment of all office services/facilities related invoices on a timely basis.
- Prepares the budget annually for approval.
- Oversees the ordering and delivery of all office supplies.
- Handles the requests for all cable runs, TV's, DVD's etc. and installs all as needed.
- Handles the issuance of all security cards and keys as needed by the employee.
- Works closely with IT staff to maintain integrity of equipment in the computer (datacenters) rooms. Responds to equipment failure issues and alarms in a timely fashion and notifies the service provider as well.
- Responsible for employee and equipment moves.
- Responsible for stocking kitchen with milk and supplies.
- Handles special projects as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on office services and/or facilities management
- Working knowledge of building services (electrical, HVAC etc.)
- Prior knowledge of cable related equipment preferable
- To be accessible 24/7 in the event of an emergency and to be able to come into the office as needed (weekends, nights) for special projects or emergencies
- To be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Prior supervisory experience
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills
- Works well with others in the company and collaborates with staff within own department
Pay: Up to $75k/year
Submit your resume online at www.claritystaffing.com.