Description: Care Coordinators are responsible for ensuring that all children and adolescents in foster care achieve their health and wellness visits, according to the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) mandates and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) guidelines.
Job Responsibilities Include:
· Maintain a system for managing a caseload of between 75-100 cases of children and adolescents in foster care, to ensure that they receive their health and wellness needs to be met annually
· Knowledgeable of ACS and AAP guidelines regarding the health and wellness needs of children/adolescents in foster care. Ability to communicate and implement guidelines to monitor and advocate for quality services
· Maintain a record for each client assigned and document within 24-48 hours of contact with a client scheduling, referrals, screening, and follow-up needed to support the child/adolescent in foster care, in the Chart record or Electronic Health Record
· Participate in case conferences, attend staff meetings, weekly supervision with supervisor and other relevant meetings to support clients to improve health and wellness outcomes.
· Communicate with Birth Parents, Foster Parents, and children/adolescents. Case Planners and external staff to advocate and partner on behalf of the clients to ensure qualify care coordination service
· Other responsibilities includes
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in health related field
· One year of experience working with children in a health related field
· Acceptable background clearance, including fingerprinting
Pay: $15-16/hour and $40-45K Perm